Which Is More Profitable: Building or Buying a House in Turkey?
Many real estate buyers are torn between buying an existing home or building their dream home from scratch. The question has always been asked: Is it better to build or buy a house? Both options have various advantages and disadvantages. However, the decision will ultimately depend on your personal preferences, budget, and needs.
When deciding to build or buy a home, it's important to remember that both processes come with extra costs. Think about the properties you see and your expectations for this new home. If you're going to build it, take your time and enjoy watching your dream home come to life. If buying seems like the better option, gather information on how to get the best mortgage rate.v You can do both, as there are many options in Turkey.
Why Should You Build Your Own House in Turkey?
There are many good reasons to build and design your own home. One reason is that you get the exact house design you have in mind. You will be able to customize the property according to your own needs. You will also not be limited to a particular place or neighborhood. Another reason is that you will save yourself the trouble of competitive bidding. When you build a house, you eliminate the need to go back and forth with other buyers.
In Turkey, a five-year building warranty is standard for most builders. As a result, you can rest assured that your ideal home has been properly built and professionally approved by the construction company. The cost of building a house can increase or decrease depending on demand and needs. The most important thing is to seek professional help for home construction. Experienced architects precisely calculate the details of each property.
They will also plan and maintain the functionality of your home. The prices of houses built with various materials vary according to square meters. When calculating the cost of building a house, the cost of land should be calculated first. The square meter price of the land in the city center is now determined by the local municipality, so it changes.
What Do You Need to Know to Build A House in Turkey?
The main five steps of building a house in Turkey are as follows.
I. Purchase of land and property
There are several terrains to choose from. The land for sale gives you the right to own the land and also provides you with the highest level of security as an investor.
II. Design process
Typically, designing a home involves working with an architect or designer to plan a new home. This includes creating a floor plan and adding sustainable design principles. Then choose construction techniques, materials, and finishes.
III. Contract agreement and terms
After the design is completed, a construction contract is signed. The contract will detail all items and conditions during and after construction. The contract will be concluded by a lawyer.
IV. Construction permission
Once the contract is signed, it is submitted to local authorities for building permits. This process will take about 3-4 weeks.
V. Construction phase
Remember that there are quality components that are key parts of the construction. These:
- Foundation insulation for protection against water and heat.
- Assembly of the supporting parts of the house
- Roof and dual-layer
- Interior design and final touches
How Does the Construction System Work?
Since not every land is suitable for construction in Turkey, some controls are made when starting a project or house on the land. Therefore, the land where the construction works will be carried out must be included in the urban planning or zoning plan so that it can be built.
The land should also be registered as a "residence" in its architectural position. In addition, it is necessary to obtain a document regarding the architectural situation containing all the information about the land from the relevant municipality.
If the land is located in unregulated areas such as rural areas or elsewhere, it can be built on with a few conditions such as:
- Not to cause aesthetic and health problems in the organization sector or organizational unit.
- The share of construction does not exceed 5% of the regulatory sector surface.
- The total construction area should not exceed 250 m2 on a maximum of two floors.
- Construction should not exceed 6.5 meters above ground level.
- The minimum distance from legal boundaries and roads for industries is 5 meters.
- Construction is allowed in unregulated areas such as family summer homes or tourist and recreational facilities that meet the above requirements.
What Are the Building Permits in Turkey?
To obtain building permits, first of all, the architectural plan of the building should be prepared and the building units of the relevant municipality should be examined. The documents required to obtain a building permit in Turkey are as follows:
1. Application request for the license
2. Title deed
3. Architectural situation (requiring the municipality where the construction is located)
4. Status document (received from study directorates, showing the boundaries of the sectors)
5. Architectural plan (approved by the Chamber of Architects)
6. Chamber of Architects registration certificate
7. Concrete plan (approved by Chamber of Architects)
8. Chamber of Civil Engineers registration certificate
9. Electrical extension scheme (Confirmed by Chamber)
10. Chamber of Electrical Engineers registration certificate
11. Installation plan (approved by the Chamber)
12. Chamber of Mechanical Engineers registration certificate
13. Soil investigation report
14. Responsible for the execution of the plan and its documents
15. Documents related to the Construction Institute where the construction was undertaken by the authorized contractor
16. Documents of the building inspection company and the building inspection contract
17. Building information module
18. Bank receipt showing that 20% of the Construction Audit Company's rent has been deposited into his account
19. Building inspection contract
How Much Does It Cost to Build A House in Turkey?
Calculation of construction costs in Turkey is the main focus of those engaged in the construction industry. Construction costs include the price of construction materials, construction requirements, the construction or contracting fee calculated per square meter of construction, and changes according to the system used for construction.
How Long Does It Take to Build A House in Turkey?
The construction of a multi-story luxury complex with an extensive infrastructure takes, on average, one and a half to two years. It takes 9-12 months to build an ordinary Turkish apartment building, a villa takes about 10 months.
What Are the Advantages of Investing in Real Estate in Turkey?
The demand for real estate in Turkey has increased rapidly in recent years. This country has become both a popular holiday destination and an investment opportunity.
Real estate prices in Turkey are lower than in other neighboring European countries. Turkey has the same number of attractions as neighboring countries, with the added benefit of being less populated and more developed. Low housing prices and large spaces to be built in non-crowded cities are among the reasons why many international real estate buyers choose Turkey.