What Is the Turkish Tax ID Number?
A tax number is a ten-digit number used for financial transactions in Turkey. Foreigners who want to invest in Turkey are required to obtain a tax number in Turkey to open a bank account and purchase the property they want. It is a personal number like an ID number.
Why Do You Need A Turkish Tax ID Number?
For a foreigner who wants to settle in Turkey, a tax number is a must. They need a tax number for Residence Permit and even a mobile phone number.
Foreigners who want to live in Turkey use their tax number Turkey for;
- bank account,
- residence permit,
- driving license,
- subscriptions (bill, rent, internet, etc.),
- mobile phone number
How to Apply for A Tax Identification Number in Turkey?
The tax number application in Turkey changed a while ago. People waited in line to go to tax offices and get their tax numbers. However, you no longer need to go to the tax offices for this transaction. Now, foreigners can get their tax numbers from the internet instead of going to the tax offices in Turkey. The documents required for the tax number application are easy to obtain. You can complete this application in ten minutes with your passport.
How to Get A Tax ID Number in Personal?
Getting a Tax ID number is an easy-to-handle application. You should go to any local tax office and apply for it. The only documents you need for this process are the original of your passport and a copy of your passport. Registration is free. After registration, your tax number is followed on the screens of all Turkish financial institutions, including banks. That means you can open a bank account. You can visit any Tax Office in your area to get the Tax Number.
This process usually takes about fifteen minutes. After getting your tax identification number, you can open your bank account and perform your official transactions. However, you must be sure that you have your passport and its photocopy with you and that your application form is correct and complete.
How to Get A Turkish Tax Number Online?
You can follow the steps below to complete your tax number application. Tax Number Online Application Turkey steps:
- Go to the official website of the Interactive Tax Office. (ivd.gib.gov.tr/)
- Scroll down to the box that says Apply for a Potential Non-Citizen Tax Number. You will see 2 tabs/options that say Application and Confirmation. You should click the Application option.
- Clicking on the application will open a new window with your application form. The application form has English translations besides Turkish.
- Fill out the form carefully. At the bottom, it will ask you to upload a digital copy of your passport as the last step.
- When you fill in all the information and click the OK button and click the submit button, the system will give you your tax ID number as an official text in PDF format. To receive the document, you must enable pop-ups and cookies in your browser.
- The TC Kimlik Numarası or Potansiyel Vergi Kimlik Numarası specified in the letter is your Tax ID number.
- If you do not have a Turkish phone number, you will need to apply for a tax identification number by going to the nearest Tax Office with the second option.
You can also visit our blog page titled What You Need to Know About Luxury Property Tax in Turkey to learn about taxes in Turkey.
What Documents Do You Need to Get A Tax Identification Number?
To obtain a tax ID number, you will only need 4 things:
- Your passport (must be valid)
- Digital copy of your passport’s ID page on your computer (pdf, jpeg, or png are the most widely accepted formats and should be smaller than 1 MB)
- Valid Turkish phone number
- Tax ID number application form